Sister Clara Housing Co-op
25 Units Of Co-op Housing
Built in 1911, the former Benedict Fenwick School was sold in 1980 and reopened as the Sister Clara Muhammad School. The property was vacated in 1990 and later burnt in a fire damaging the entire roof structure.
The development of the property involved the adaptive re-use of the former school into 15 residential units and the new construction of 10 additional co-op housing units.
The school received the Maxwell Award for conservation and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The rehabilitation was performed in accordance with National Park Service guidelines.
Owners: Dorchester Bay E.D.C.